|Title:||Operations Manager, Heartsmart.com|
|Department:||Heartsmart - Operations|
|Location:||New Milford, CT|
Heartsmart is seeking an experienced, resourceful and dynamic Operations Manager to join our growing team in New Milford, CT. Heartsmart is a portfolio company of Allied 100, and together we are the largest distributor of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) and related medical products across the United States. We are the leaders in workplace safety and community health, serving our customers through our market leading e-commerce platforms as well as an enterprise sales team. Allied 100 is the largest employer in the industry with over 100 dedicated teammates across 3 distinct distribution centers.
The Heartsmart Operations Manager plays a critical role in delivering on our customer promises and achieving our overall business objectives through the leadership and management of the operation in New Milford, CT. Reporting to Allied’s VP of Supply Chain, this position is directly responsible for the smooth operation of the New Milford site/Heartsmart organization on a day-to-day basis and collaboratively developing and executing on strategic and tactical initiatives to improve the productivity, efficiency and safety of the site. The Operations Manager is directly responsible for managing and leading the distribution, facility management, inventory and order processing functions at Heartsmart.
What We’re Looking For
Effective, collaborative leader. You have exceptional leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to lead by influence and example as well as through direct management of your team when necessary. You have not only the skills to be collaborative, but also the interest in collaborating with your peers which you recognize is important to achieving the best outcomes. You have clear, concise communication skills and appreciate sharing information and working together on cross functional teams.
Action Oriented. It is important to you to achieve results and you do just that. You are resourceful and solution oriented, overcoming obstacles and challenges with a win-win outcome. You are proactive and capable of working effectively in a fast-paced, ever evolving environment and champion continuous improvement and change with your team.
Continuous Learner. You enjoy learning and seek out opportunities to continue to learn and grow. You have the ability to both learn and utilize new information quickly. You also enjoy helping others learn and grow and facilitate this through sharing of knowledge and information, both with your peers and direct reports, and proactively coaching and developing your team.
Process Oriented. Ideally you have knowledge and experience with Lean Six Sigma principles, or at the very least, your natural tendency is to evaluate processes and procedures and create efficiencies. You are detail oriented and organized, as well as analytical and you utilize these skills to effectively manage and share information in a metrics driven environment.
Passionate about saving lives. You are inspired to do your best every day not just because of what you do, but why you do it. You are further engaged by working collectively to achieve a shared goal. At Allied, we aren’t just a distribution company, we are working to ensure lifesaving tools and knowledgeable individuals are widely available for when emergencies arise.
What You’ll Do
Site Operations Management
- Develop and implement a scalable operations strategy for Heartsmart (to include order processing and fulfillment, inventory procurement and management, warehousing and transportation) in alignment with Allied 100's existing supply chain strategy.
- Lead and manage the overall operations of the site including distribution, facility management, inventory and order processing functions.
- Develop, implement and manage standardized processes for inbound and outbound operations based on Best in Class practices and Lean Six Sigma practices to ensure effective use of resources and achieve defined objectives and metrics.
- Maximize operational efficiencies (such as inventory management, costs, staffing, processes, etc) using defined metrics continuously improving operational performance while optimizing both company and customer measures.
- Collaborate with Purchasing and Sales teams to develop and maintain strong supplier relationships to ensure preferred pricing agreements, customer referrals and business development opportunities.
- Create and foster a culture of safety. Ensure DC is free of clean and organized, ensuring there are no safety hazards.
- Work collaboratively as a solution-oriented teammate to effectively plan and coordinate regarding inventory and purchasing, transportation logistics, sales and customer service, IT, Forward DCs and more.
- Plan, implement, monitor, evaluate and coordinate all activities to achieve timing and quality of order fulfillment, shipping, , and operational expense objectives and goals.
- Communicates with external and internal customers and partners to handle any escalated customer service issues or complaints.
- Oversee and monitor work environment to ensure all employees are meeting the professional and quality, regulatory, safety, OSHA, security and any other standards established by the company.
- Perform any other tasks necessary to achieve objectives and results.
- Establish department objectives on an annual basis and facilitate achievement.
- Recruit, hire, engage, retain and recognize/reward a high performing team, in collaboration with Human Resources.
- Ensure that new employees receive appropriate and effective new employee orientation and training in a timely manner.
- Establish and communicate performance expectations and hold team members accountable for achieving expectations. Provide timely, ongoing and consistent direction, performance coaching and honest feedback.
- Accountable for the development and management of departmental budget.
- Regularly connect with team members individually (spontaneously and scheduled), to discuss workload, successes and challenges, provide coaching, and identify development opportunities, among other topics.
- Day-to-day management of direct reports to include timekeeping/time off requests, expense approvals, questions/concerns/issue resolution, performance management, etc.
- Complies with and maintains an active and ongoing commitment to compliance with all company policies and applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in distribution, operations and logistics.
- Previous experience managing others strongly preferred.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience utilizing and maximizing an ERP system. NetSuite experience strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience with a variety of supply chain concepts practices and procedures to include demand planning, warehousing, transportation and basic financial controls and reporting.
- Experience and leadership with Lean Six Sigma principles strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, employing both hard data and business intuition to make decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively both independently and as part of a team, and to take direction from a centralized leader as necessary.
- Ability to manage time efficiently, organized, high attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines and possess excellent follow through skills.
- Highly motivated, efficient, and enterprising with an inherent ability to drive tasks and projects to full completion.
What You’ll Get
Allied 100 offers a competitive compensation and benefit package including:
- Health insurance with employer cost share
- 401k plan with robust company match
- Employer paid short and long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Casual dress
- AED gifted to you